Thursday, November 16, 2006

Is it 10:00 already?

I'm tired. This rotation is exhausting. Today we had 6 consults to see. Consults are brand new patients to our service that the primary team has asked us to see. This means we have to do a complete H & P on them and attempt to figure out everything about them in a short time. This is on top of the 15 or so patients that are already on our service. As the student I don't have it quite as bad. I only have 4 patients and get 1 or 2 consults, depending on how busy we are. The other 2 docs get the rest. I was able to get rid of two of my patients. Gotta do my part to pare down our list. We are definitely earning our money this week. In my case I'm getting my money's worth of learning. Just think, I'm actually paying to work my ass off. On the plus side, I only have one more semester of tuition to pay. After the first of the year I will be done paying medical school tuition for the rest of my life. If I ever write a check to my medical school again it will be as an alum giving a donation.

Alright, I am going to finish watching the news and then it's off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home