Monday, November 20, 2006

Uh, not good

My poor roommate.

She was proposed to today. This is very bad. Poor girl actually got physically ill. The worst part is it all happened at work.

She had seen this guy a few times back in July/August. They went on a few dates but things were not going to work out. He was in town for the summer and was living with his brother. That would be okay. However, he had no job and had no interest in getting one. Mom paid his rent and sent him money for everything else. He was on an SSRI and wanted to drink like a fish. Not a good combination. He was totally obsessed with her, calling incessantly.

Before the end of summer he moved back to Oklahoma for school. This was a great thing from both of our viewpoints. He still called once in awhile, but she could decide to answer or just ignore him. There was really no future, or so she thought.

Then the guy proposes. What the fucking hell? Out of the blue he text messages her. 1. "Call if you are up" 2. "I want to ask you cuz you are the only one who has actually went for and kept at the real me, the person inside me, underneath, serious." 3. " You are the only one, I never felt this way before, it seriously could work, because I am genuine, and committed to make sure you feel alike." 4. " Am I too late realizing everything?" 5. "It's a miracle how fate has led us to this point where love can blossom between two souls and become one, Yours, Matt." 6. " Do you know, can you think, how nice it will be and how good it will feel, us together, in each other's arms, not in different states? I do." Somewhere amongst all the text messages he called and said he got into a fight with his mom about how he had to move back here to ask her a question. " I am just wondering if you want to marry me?"

He apparently was "told by God" that he was supposed to marry my roommate. Well, I have someone to hook you up with dude. My ex told me after I broke up with her that "God told me that we were supposed to get married, so even though we are breaking up now, I know that you will come back to me before long." Uh, yeah. Sorry, God told me that I was supposed to let you go. Good luck with the wishful thinking. Sorry, I digress.

So, as my roommate was throwing up in the parking lot she had to contemplate how to get rid of this miserable bastard in her life. Good thing he doesn't know where we live, or the actually city we live in. So, things will get better. You have to love the drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home