Tuesday, December 05, 2006

All is well

I had my residency interview at the University today. It went extremely well. It was a pretty comparable to my last interview day. I had one half hour interview with a facutly member and then a short 5-7 minute interview with the program director. More or less just a hey how's it going type of thing. There were 15 of us interviewing today and only an hour to get through us all. The longer interview went well. We talked about my application a bit, what aspect of medicine I was interested in, and then a few other random things. He thought that I was very easy to talk to, thought that I would feel comfortable in most any situation and thought I would fit in well with the culture of the program. The program director also thought that I would fit in very well. Before I left he said that he would really like to see me come to the program and hoped that I would seriously consider them. He said that if after going to all my other interviews I decided I wanted to be at the U, I should let them know. Finally he said that he hoped he would be able to call me on March 15 and congratulate me on matching to their program.

Who knows, maybe he said this to all 15 of us. I would like to think that he didn't. This is considered a very good program and always ranks near the top in the nation, so it's not like they have to beg people to come. Maybe the number of applicants is down this year. Either way, it's nice to know that you are wanted. It's hard for me to decide which of the two programs I've been at so far is the better. I would have to say that I am leaning toward the U program right now. I'm going to have to consider it carefully and I am fairly confident that whichever I rank as my number 1 will be the one that I match to.

It's been a good week. I'm just excited that I will be able to stick around. Have I mentioned lately that I love this place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home