Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The big day approaches

Tomorrow is my first residency interview. It is at a hospital here in town, one of the three possible programs. It's surprising, but I'm not nervous at all right now. I'm sure something will kick in about 6:30 tomorrow morning as I am contemplating leaving. I haven't really prepared at all, I'm not sure there is anything to prepare for. I start at 8:00 and the interview runs until about 3:00 or so. I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but lots of tours and presentations I would guess. They want to try and convince us to come to their program.

I was able to get my mind off of everything for awhile tonight which was great. A couple friends were coming to my end of town for a show and wanted to go out for supper beforehand. We went to a restaurant called Cosetta's. I'm not sure if it is a chain or just a local place. If it is local, the rest of the world is missing out. This place has amazing pizza and pasta, I can't think of a time I've had better. Parking was a disaster though, I got off the freeway only to find that the street was parking lot. 10 minutes later after going about 1/2 mile I realized that there was a hockey game downtown tonight. I ended up parking 6 blocks away and walking in the 17 degree weather (2 with the windchill). There was no way I was going to pay $20 to park for a $10 meal. My ears and cheeks were nice and red when I finally made it into the restaurant.

The whole thing was worth it though. 2 of my friends went to their show and I hung out and talked with the other for a good 2 hours or so. Nothing better to forget about the fact that you have an important interview coming up the next day. I think tomorrow will go well. I'll get to see if the nazi diet/exercise plan I went on will allow me to wear my suit pants for 8 hours. It should be a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home