Saturday, November 25, 2006

Frozen!

I woke up this morning and the lake we live on is completely frozen over! It's weird to look out the window and not see waves. I was just admiring the water yesterday. It was perfectly calm so you could see an amazing reflection of the clouds and trees. It was even more beautiful with the orange and red sunset reflecting off the water later in the day.


I love the water. In the past couple years I have realized how lucky and spoiled I was growing up. We've lived on a lake for almost as long as I can remember. I love sitting in my favorite chair in the sun room, just staring out the window at the lake. The waves are mesmerizing. It's also spectacular on calm days to see the reflections and then watch how they are disrupted when a duck swims by and creates a small wake behind it.

We also had a cabin about half an hour away where we would go to actually play on the water. That was a bigger lake and once in awhile we would actually see white caps. My family has a lot of great memories at the cabin. It's where we went to unwind and spend time together as a family. We never brought a TV out there so it was either be in or on the water or play games together. We could spend hours swimming, tubing, water skiing and jet skiing.

Living in the city, in an apartment, the water is what I miss most. It's always a treat for me to come home and enjoy the lake again. I'm certain that no matter where I end up it will have to be within view of water of some sort. Whether it will be river, lake or ocean I'm not certain - though probably not ocean since I'm quite attached to this state and we are about as far away from ocean as is possible in this country. I just love the water too much to not have it nearby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home